Oh fall

9.25.2012





1// apple 2// fall leaves 3// fall trees 4// fall sweater time 5// crisp sunny fall day

Who doesn't like fall? I feel like it is everyone (including mine) favorite season. There is just something about the crisp air, while wearing a sweater, and sipping on some type of pumpkin or apple drink. It simply is heavenly. If only it lasted longer! 

I always try to embrace the 'fallness' as much as possible by decorating my house in festive attire, baking, and constantly having a hot beverage in my hand (all of this while wearing comfy sweaters and scarves of course). Chad and I were going to try and make it out to the apple orchard this weekend but C had to work on Sunday (boo! and now he's out of town for the next couple weekends)So that means I will just have to go another weekend with my sisters, which will be just as fun! Instead of going to the orchard we spent Sunday night trying to make life as "fallish" as possible, meaning the candles were light and we were collaboratively making apple crisp and drinking good earth tea. It was a decent substitution ;)

So with that being said here is a recipe for the best Apple Crisp around to help you embrace these lovely fall days!


Apple Crisp 
4- 5 medium sized apples, peeled
3/4  cup quick cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter.

  1. Pare apples and slice them. Arrange slices in a greased 8'' pan
  2. Combine oatmeal, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
  3. Cut in butter. 
  4. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes 
  6. Serve warm or over ice cream


Enjoy! 

Ephesians 2:8-9 "God saved you by hi grace when you believed and you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE fall! My MIL makes some amazing apple crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this recipe!!! I'm definitely in the "my fav. season is fall" crowd. haha. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love to hear what you have to say! I respond to comments via email so make sure you are a reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back To Top
Copyright © 2013 Honee Bee. Development by Horses of Ares. All Rights Reserved.